Request for Override

Please carefully review the instructions below before submitting the override request.

Request for Override

Please note: as of Spring 2024 our course prefix changed from HM to PH.


  • Overrides may take up to 48 hours to process.  Please do not submit additional forms if your override has not been processed.  If your override has not been processed after 48 hours, you may contact to request an update.
  • Students who are not a part of the Master of Public Health program or who are dually enrolled may request an override into a course by completing the form above.
  • The Master of Public Health program will not grant overrides into full sections, including PH 101. Students hoping to enroll in a course at the full enrollment limit should utilize the Open Seat Notification tool through
    • Students interested in an override for PH 101: Please do not submit an override request to the instructor nor through the form above. Instead, we encourage you to add your name to the Open Seat Notificiation list as indicated above.
  • Lifelong Education students must following the instructions on the Lifelong Education page in order to request an override into an MPH course.

Culminating Experience Course Overrides

  • Master of Public Health students who are looking to enroll in the Culminating Experience courses (PH 892 and PH 893) should not complete the form above.
    • PH 892 students must complete the appropriate override request form and e-mail it to their advisor. Culminating Experience override request forms can be found in the Forms section of the Master of Public Health Student Community within D2L.
    • PH 893 students will be contacted by their advisor the semester prior to expected PH 893 enrollment with further information and instructions.